Sunday, March 24, 2013

Quick Cook - Quick Chicken Stew


Last week I was staaarving, so I opened my fridge and had half an onion, three tomatoes and two pieces of chicken.. I stood there staring at those ingredients for about 5 minutes then decided "what the heck".





So Lesson 1: Try to stock up your fridge (and your pantry) as often as possible.
Lesson 2: You only need a few things to make an awesome dinner

You will need

1. Half an onion
2. Three tomatoes
3. Two pieces of Chicken*
4. Nutmeg
5. Maggi cube (if you can find some)
6. Adobo
8. One tin of tomato paste
9. Vegetable oil (enough to cover the pan)
10. Two tablespoons of flour
11. Pepper powder


* I usually boil my chicken first with some adobo, salt and pepper. You can choose to cook the chicken in the stew but you'll have to make adjustments for the amount of liquid you put in.


Instructions
1. Chop up the onion how you like. I was in a hurry this time so I just sliced them up.
2. Heat up the oil until it starts smoking and add the flour. Stir until it browns.
3. Add the onions and stir until they brown.
4. Chop up the tomatoes and blend with a little bit of pepper
5. Prepare your chicken. If you want to cook it first, boil in half a cup of water with adobo, salt and pepper.


By now I was starving so I just tossed all the other ingredients into the pot, added two cups of water, put the cooker on medium (electric stove top) and walked away.

An hour later I had yummy yummy chicken stew.

No comments: